Every so often I get a hankering for a real hearty, comfort-food, gut-putty kind of meal.
I wouldn’t put this recipe in our “health food” category, but I appreciate knowing that there aren’t any nasty fillers, excitotoxins, or preservatives like the traditional version of this dish.
🥬 Alongside a leafy green salad, I’m a big fan!
LWM Chicken Casserole
- 1-2 lbs. organic chicken thighs seasoned, roasted, and shredded (or popped into the instantpot)
- 3 large organic celery stalks chopped
- 1 organic yellow onion chopped
- 1 can organic water chestnuts chopped
- 2 cartons organic Cream Of Chicken Soup (we use the brand Pacific or make our own)
- 1 small bag organic frozen peas
- 2 cups dry organic wild rice cooked in bone broth (you could use organic quinoa, freekeh or even spaghetti squash instead)
- a few handfuls organic potato chips crushed optional
- You can also throw in other veggies - I added leftover garlic mushrooms to this one
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350
- 2.) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and place into 9x13” baking dish
- 3.) Cook for 45-60 minutes until bubbly and delish