There is just nothing like a bowl of hearty soup in the winter, and this is my ALL time favorite!!
It’s quick, delicious, and a definite Burns Fam fave!
Enjoy, my friends!
Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
There is just nothing like a bowl of hearty soup in the winter, and this is my ALL time favorite!!It’s quick, delicious, and a definite Burns Fam fave!
- 1 drizzle EV Olive Oil or Ghee
- 1 Organic Onion chopped
- 4 cloves Organic Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Organic Flour of choice
- 32 oz. Homemade Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 pint Organic Half & Half can sub non-dairy cashew cream
- 1 cup Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup can sub organic Pacific brand
- 1 cup Organic Frozen Corn
- 1 can Organic Black Beans drained & rinsed
- 1-2 cups Organic Salsa personal preference
- 1-2 lbs Organic Chicken
- Seasoning to taste salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin
- Optional (highly recommended) toppers Organic cheese, greek yogurt, avocado, tortilla chips, fresh cilantro
- In a large soup pot, melt your ghee or heat your EVOO on medium.
- Add in your onion and garlic until fragrant and translucent.
- Mix in your flour of choice and cook for a few minutes to avoid flour taste later.
- Whisking constantly to avoid any lumps, slowly add your bone broth and half and half. Stir for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and give a few taste tests to adjust salsa and seasonings to your liking.
Pro Tips for highest quality nutrients that your body will thank you for:
Choose organic whenever possible
Avoid canned foods as they can be lined with BPA and instead opt for eco-friendly box options when possible
Avoid pre-mixed taco/fajita seasoning packets which often contain unnecessary fillers and anti-caking agents
If choosing pre-made bone broth or chicken soup, read your labels and avoid brands that have added “flavors” of any kind