We tried a new recipe recently and my boys went WILD over it! It’s not every day that my youngest happily scarfs down kale – so I call this one a win and wanted to share it with you ladies too!
📌 Image (because mine definitely didn’t look as pretty) and recipe (I modified quite a bit) from HERE
Creamy White Bean & Kale Soup
- 1 tbsp heat-tolerant oil, such as avocado or refined coconut oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Medium Carrots Diced
- 1 Rib Celery Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Peeled Turnips Chopped
- Chili Flakes To Taste
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary Minced
- 4 Cups Cooked White Beans or 2-15oz Cans
- 4 Cups Bone Broth
- 3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Packed Lacinato Kale (1 small bunch) Chopped
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped
- Leftover Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon (Optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium-large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and stir. Saute the vegetables until lightly softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- To the pot, add the garlic, chili flakes, and rosemary. Stir and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the navy beans to the pot and stir. Add the bone broth to the pot and stir once more. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, ladle half of the soup into an upright blender. Add the lemon juice to the blender as well. Carefully bring the speed of the blender up to high and blend until this portion of the soup is totally liquified. Pour this liquified portion back into the pot. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale to the pot and bring the soup to a boil. Once the kale is slightly wilted and bright green, season the soup once more with salt and pepper, if you find it necessary. Stir in the chopped parsley as well.