2021 Skincare Goals = be more consistent with ⏩ Derma Rolling!
Before I explain what derma rolling is, I need to explain what a derma roller itself is….
A derma roller is a handheld rolling device covered in microneedles – needles ranging in length from 0.25 mm to 1.5m – which are rolled over the skin. This is done in order to create tiny punctures on the skin which triggers skin repair, leading to the creation of new collagen!
Think of derma rolling as you would think of weight training and working out
You create small tears in your muscles so that the muscle is repaired and made stronger than before. Not a perfect parable or comparison, but you get the idea.
Now, derma rolling benefits aren’t just gained in the needling and resulting repair of the skin. Derma rolling is capable of exposing deeper layers of your skin to the benefits of various topical ointments, natural oils, treatments, and products, leading to greater effectiveness and therapeutic effect. In other words, after derma rolling, your skin will be more susceptible to the effects of anything that comes into contact with it, based on the increased exposure to the vital most layers of the skin. Therefore, any and all skin treatments or supplements could be enhanced in effectiveness if applied after derma rolling.
Younger skin: every other day
Mature skin: 1-2x a week
Go slow to start as the redness will appear and you need to ease your skin into this routine. No need to press hard or go fast, it will cause more harm then good at that pace.
📝 Most popular uses:
1. Reduce premature aging
2. Balance hyper pigmentation
3. Reduce pore size
📝 Needle Sizes:
- 0.25mm: Intended only to increase absorption of skin care products, 0.25 mm is the most mild and un-serious of the needle lengths. Unable to stimulate collagen growth, this length is strictly used in order to help skin care products to achieve a more beneficial impact. No bleeding or pain is experienced as a result of 0.25 mm needling. ( I just used this size for my first time in the picture and will graduate to longer needle in a few months… even with this small size, I felt the needles!)
- 0.5mm: The second to lowest length of needle, 0.5 mm derma rollers are used to treat shallow and superficial damage to skin. Still on the short side, 0.5 mm needles can cause some minimal pain and bleeding, and can only trigger minor collagen growth.
- 0.75-1 mm: An ideal solution for wrinkles, scars, and stretchmarks, the 0.75 to 1.0 range is when we start to see some serious derma rolling-impact. A greater recovery time between needle treatments is required (4 to 7 days) due to the increased invasive nature of the session, and moderate bleeding is not uncommon.
My Personal Nighttime Routine Including Derma Roller:
- Remove makeup with organic oil
- Cleanse skin with Charcoal Facial Bar
- Use micro needler on neck (pictured here), forehead, between eyebrows, and around mouth
- Clarilight Facial Essence to remove any soap residues and gently exfoliate… then allow all of those nutritive ingredients to penetrate the needled areas
- Nightlight generously all over
- Frownies around mouth wrinkles
📌 I use and LOVE the Derma Roller on this site – Plus I have a coupon for $10 off $50: http://rwrd.io/eoc20h3?c
📌 If you’re looking for a .75 or a 1.0 you can find them in the Amazon shop here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/alivingwelllife…
📌 I have an active rewards link for ALL Crunchi orders to be entered to win free/half off items: crunchi.com/lilyburns
📌 Additional Reading: https://www.mapleholistics.com/…/what-is-a-dermaroller…/