Everybody loves an easy way to sneak greens into your kiddos, am I right!?
🥬 These sweet spinach muffins are LWM approved and the boys gobble them up! Plus they’re simple enough for them to make on their own from start to finish!
💚 Fresh Spinach is not easy for me to get into my youngest, unless it’s in these delish muffins or smoothies! It is such an excellent source of many vitamins and minerals though that it’s worth a little extra effort!
• Vitamin A. Spinach is high in carotenoids, which your body can turn into vitamin A.
• Vitamin C. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that promotes skin health and immune function.
• Vitamin K1. This vitamin is essential for blood clotting. Notably, one spinach leaf contains over half of your daily needs.
• Folate (also known as vitamin B9) is essential for normal cellular function and tissue growth.
• Iron. Spinach is an excellent source of this essential mineral. Iron helps create hemoglobin, which brings oxygen to your body’s tissues.
• Calcium. This mineral is essential for bone health and a crucial signaling molecule for your nervous system, heart, and muscles.
💚 Spinach also contains potassium, magnesium, plus vitamins B6 and E
Have fun making some healthy hulk muffins and let us know if you enjoy them too!
Recipe adapted ever so slightly from: https://www.superhealthykids.com/rec…/sweet-spinach-muffins/
Healthy Hulk Muffins
- 2 Cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp Organic Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 Large Organic Banana
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 3/4 Cup Organic Milk of Choice we use homemade cashew or raw cows milk
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted & Cooled. Can also sub for Applesauce
- 1 tsp Organic Almond or Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz. Organic Spinach
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients to a blender and blend until silky smooth
- Add blender contents to dry ingredients and mix only until incorporated (don’t over mix)
- Add to muffin pan and bake for 18-22 minutes
- Let cool all the way then enjoy!