Recipe time, Mamas!
You know I am alllll for an easy way to sneak some more veggies into my boys… I threw together this recipe and it was a fun change of pace, plus all three of my guys wanted seconds… so I call that a win!
Hidden Veggie Chili Mac
- 1 lb. grass fed organic beef
- 1 organic red onion chopped
- 1 organic bell pepper (any color) chopped
- 1 medium organic zucchini (seeds scraped out) chopped
- 1 medium organic yellow squash (seeds scraped out) chopped
- Two large organic carrots finely chopped
- Four+ organic garlic cloves minced
- I just measure my spices by taste Equal parts organic chili powder, cumin, onion, and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 cup organic chili beans
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water or organic beef stock
- 8 oz box of organic red lentil or organic chickpea pasta
- 1 block raw milk cheddar cheese
- a few tbsp organic cream cheese if you wanna get real crazy
- Organic cilantro, avocado, sour cream, or tortilla chips for topping
- 1.) Sauté up your veggies with your beef in a large skillet
- 2.) Add seasonings and taste test
- 3.) Add in tomato sauce, chili beans, and water/beef stock then bring to a simmer
- 4.) Add in your lentil or chickpea pasta, cover, and reduce heat a bit. This type of pasta cooks quickly so keep a close eye.
- 5.) Once pasta is cooked through, remove from heat and stir in cheese
- 6.) Top with whatever you’d like (we’re BIG fans of cilantro) and enjoy!