It’s been a WHILE since I dug through hand soap ingredients, because once I find something I love… I like to stick to it!
This one was a bit of a challenge because most of the really popular hand soap brands do NOT disclose any of their ingredients. Gah – remind me again why this is even allowed!?
But once I found some that listed the “drug facts” (ingredient lists) on the back… the formulas were all relatively the same…
- 𝙎𝙇𝙎 ❌ – often contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a byproduct of the manufacturing process that is “possibly carcinogenic to humans” and may also cause negatives effects in the kidneys, liver and central nervous system, according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- 𝘾𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙤𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙮𝙡 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙚
- 𝙐𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 ❌ – ya’ll know that this is a BIG no for me for many reasons
- 𝘾𝙞𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝘼𝙘𝙞𝙙
- 𝙎𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙪𝙢 𝘾𝙝𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚
- 𝙎𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙪𝙢 𝙃𝙮𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙭𝙞𝙙𝙚
- 𝙈𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙮𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙖𝙯𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙣𝙚 + 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙯𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙖𝙯𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙣𝙚❌ – preservative duo named allergen of the year in 2013 with studies showing damage to the nervous system
- 𝘾𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙈𝙀𝘼 + 𝘿𝙈𝘿𝙈 𝙃𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙞𝙣❌ – formadeyhde releasing preservative + ethanolamine compound that can create nitrosamines linked to cancer
- 𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝘿𝙮𝙚𝙨❌ – absolutely unnecessary and risk being coal tar derived/petroleum derived
Whewww… For those of us washing hands multiple times a day like we should be… this is a hefty dose of toxicity that can be easily eliminated with JUST as effective toxin free alternatives.
Please also be mindful to avoid “antibacterial soaps”: https://www.fda.gov/
✅ Our favorite easy solution has always been to dilute Dr. Bronners or Branch Basics with our RO water, fill up a mason jar, and top with a foaming pump lid. Super easy!
✅ Here are some other marvelous pre-made safe swaps:
✔️ Kosmatology Foaming Hans Soaps: https://
✔️ Moon Valley Organics Foaming Hand Soap:
✔️ Poofy Organics Concentrate & Foaming Bottles:
✔️ Branch Basics concentrate & foaming bottle + $10 off coupon code: https://