Safe Swap: Makeup Remover
Ditch & Switch – Makeup Remover
Knowing that whatever we apply to our skin has the ability to seep into our blood stream… think about how careful we should be especially around our eyes – one of our most delicate and exposed organs.
Conventional makeup removers have a slew of toxic ingredients including…
Quanternium-15 — releases formaldehyde into the product
Benzalkonium chloride — a known human toxicant and allergen
Undisclosed fragrance — a slew of up to 3,164 different chemicals
PEG’s — the ethoxylation process here runs a scary risk of contamination with the cancer causing chemical 1,4 dioxane
𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙠 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙚𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙫𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚!?
I absolutely love love love removing my makeup with nourishing organic oils and hot steamy wash rag!
- Organic coconut oil
- Organic sweet almond oil
- Organic castor oil
- Organic jojoba oil
This is an incredibly gentle and effective way to remove your makeup before cleansing your skin.
If you prefer something with a little more oomph, or even an oil free option… I highly suggest checking out these LWM approved makeup remover brands. Please note that not every product from these brands are as safe as these specific items:
- •Neal’s Yard Oil Free: https://www.nealsyardremedies.com/skincare/organic-facial-skincare/facial-cleansers-and-washes/1799.html
- •Juicy Bamboo Cloths: https://kaianaturals.com/product/juicy-bamboo-cleansing-cloths/
- •SW Basics: https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/makeup-remover-2-oz/swb0007
- •Plant Apothecary: https://plantapothecary.com/collections/all/products/reset-organic-makeup-remover
- •Vapor Beauty: https://vapourbeauty.com/collections/skincare/products/clarity-organic-makeup-remover
Making safe swaps doesn’t have to be daunting, my friends! Toxin free solutions are available and ready to lessen your body burden!